Monday

Birth Record of Grandfather Georg Ludwig Feick 1887-1948

I always knew the birth date of my husband's grandfather. My father in law had stated the birthdate of his parents on documentation he had filled out when immigrating to the U.S.. I also had found grandfather Ludwig's official certificate of marriage and death which stated his year of birth. But for some time Ludwig's birth record eluded me. Then I found it. I would guess the old German script confused the transcriber (it IS really tough for the English speaker). One day I just went through the 1887 Groß-Bieberau book of births page by page. Here is Grandpa Feick or Frick?

Hesse Germany Births 1851-1901, accessed 5 Feb 2018 Ancestry.com: 
Geburtenregister und Namensverzeichnisse. Hessisches Hauptstaatsarchiv, Wiesbaden, 
Deutschland: Personenstandsregister Geburtsregister; Signatur: 902; Laufende Nummer: 248

Georg Ludwig was the second of four boys born to Johann Friedrich Feick and Marie Katharine Böck of  Groß-Bieberau, Hesse Germany


Paternal Grandfather
Georg Ludwig Feick
b: 3 November 1887 Groß-Bieberau, Hesse, Germany
d: 9 November 1948 Groß-Bieberau, Hesse, Germany


***click on document to enlarge for easier reading***